Fabindia Black Sesame and Salt Body Polisher: Review
I think there is something called as Peer pressure shopping. You know the situation where your friends and family seems to be buying something or the other and you stand there with empty hand. And then you get into the pressure and buy something. That happened with this product.
I had emptied radiance scrub just that morning and when I saw Fabindia Body Polisher and all that fancy shmancy name; I got it without reading the description. Boy!! I was in for a surprise.
Price: INR 285 for 100gms.
Product Description: The aromatic mixture of sea salt, black sesame and the therapeutic oils of pepper, cloves and ginger, exfoliates the skin and gives a rejuvenating effect.
Ingredients: Sodium Chloride, Sesame seeds, Sesame oil, Black pepper oil, Clover oil, Ginger oil
How to Use: Mix with massage oil or yogurt as per preferences to make it a paste. Rub in circular motions on hands, legs, back and neck. The oil and salt can be harsh on delicate skin. Avoid contact with cuts & wounds.
My experience with Fabindia Black Sesame and Salt Body Polisher Review:
• Comes in a standard Tub packaging, nothing fancy and its quite sturdy. The tub was sealed in the plastic. There is no spoon with the tub; you got to get your own!! The Polisher is black in color and it is like crumble. It’s literally is like a mixture of sesame and salt. The scent is very herbal and is pleasing (There is a cough medicine/chocolate called Eladi, it smells like that) .
• I was surprised after reading the direction, I mean the mixing part. The direction says to Mix the body polisher with massage oil or yoghurt. But I added Body moisturizer and used it 😛 . It works well that way. The scrub effectively exfoliates the skin, leaving a soft supple skin along with light oil feel behind. Since there is a body moisturizer in the mixture it does not feel dry either.
• When used on its own: I am left with post oil bath feel. But the polisher is not easy to use on its own. Crumbles/ bits fall from hand, there is absolutely no grip and vigorous rubbing feels coarse on the skin. It definitely needs a base to work with.
• It’s not for face, it is not apt.
• As mentioned in the direction avoid using it on cuts & wounds. If used on cuts, it burns lightly as it has salt. Yes, I tried 😛
Cons of Fabindia Black Sesame and Salt Body Polisher : The polisher bits fallen on the bathroom floor might earn you your Mum’s yelling and you might have to clean the bathroom on your own.
I feel the ingredients it has though good but easily DIY’able. So if you are one of those kitchen DIY expert I feel you can easily create this at your home. Also the 100 gms of product given is going to get over like really quickly. Senstive skin girls can skip this. I liked it but I dint love it. It’s a good product but not a must try. Only if you are into trying different bath products, don’t really care about the price , the quantity or mixing part give it a try.
What do you think about this? Do you also feel that this scrub is DIY’able ? Do share
Live life to the fullest