As the cities grow big in order to cater to the needs of the expanding population, they tend to choke on the space as well as air quality. Metro cities in India face all the issues related to pollution and these result in several ailments to our eyes, lungs as well as skin.
Air pollution can significantly affect the skin and may have long lasting damage if not noticed on time or taken care of regularly. Most common skin issues thatare caused by air pollution are drying of skin, loss of elasticity of skin, dehydration of skin, acne scars and pimples, rashes and wrinkles& eczema
Air pollution can also fast track you’re ageing process and since it dehydrates and dries up the skin, it exhausts the skin of natural oil and can even lead to cancer.
There are several precautionary measures which can be taken to prevent the skin from getting affected by the air pollution.
- Wash your skin properly: Always wash it well and not leave any area exposed to polluted air. This lessens the effects of the pollution on the skin.
- Anti-oxidant food: Eat a lot of anti-oxidant rich food such as green leafy vegetables, blueberries, French beans, etc. They are natural repairing elements for the body as well as sthe skin
- Drink water: Drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated and fresh to avoid any damage from the air pollution
- Exfoliate skin: Exfoliate skin regularly with the help of scrubs or similar element. It helps in keeping away the dried up skin and allows the space for the new layer to grow
- Use moisturizer: Look for a reliable moisturizing cream and use it often while out. It provides the necessary oil to the skin
Air pollution being a serious problem means requires extra advantage over it for the better skin to triumph. Here are certain tips to protect the skin from pollution:
- Protect your skin by washing your face every day and take out the dead skin by exfoliating regularly (once a week).
- Avoid chlorine impact on the skin: Cut down on your time spent near chlorine sources, i.e. limit your swimming time as chlorine takes the natural oils away from skin and leaves it dry which often results in wrinkles
- Stop smoking: Smoking dries the skin and strips the skin of nutrients. It also narrows the blood vessels and causes wrinkles. Avoid as much as you can.
- Avoid alcohol: Limit your alcohol consumption. It dehydrates the body and skin, takes away the nutrients, and dries up the skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Drink plenty of water, wash your face regularly to keep your skin moist and away from issues
Skin Care Treatment at Kaya
Air pollution creates a lot of issues and fastens the process of skin ageing. That’s where Kaya comes into play. Kaya’s approach to skin problems involves identifying the skin type, give you the best possible anti aging treatment, and help you in protecting your skin with a range of home use products.
Pollution affected skin is largely dry and dehydrated. For such skin matters, Kaya offers Derma Regen 4 Layer Therapy where your skin is treated with 4 layers of European seaweed which contains fatty acid responsible for moisturizing the skin. For more details on Kaya Derma Regen 4 Layer Therapy, visit the skin care section of our website. We wish you a wonderful skin day ahead.
How important is skincare for you? Has the cities pollution affected your skin?
Live Life To The Fullest