I have always been a berry lipstick kinda person. The lipstick which catches my attention in any range is berry pink purply shade and deep maroon red. Anyhoo, today I am going to review a berry purple lipstick from the Colorbar Darkened summer collection. Since the day I saw the swatches in online, I wanted it. Plus this was recommended in the October Cosmopolitan issue that made me want this lipstick even more. But I waited till the November, since one of my favorite berry lipstick from Maybelline was expiring and I wanted to get the most out of it.
I have been using this lippy from the last 7 days nonstop and here’s what I think about the lipstick:
– It’s named Wild Mauve, but it’s deep purple with a little pink touch.
– Lipstick stays for 4 hours with intensity with full meal in between. Then it stays on for another 1-hour or so with fading.
– Moisturization provided by the lipstick is okay. After 3.5 hours my lips felt little dry, just transparent balm on top and my pucker was back to normal.
– If you apply the Lipbalm in between, after the full meal, the lipstick fades with the pink tint behind.
– Since I have pigmented lips, I love lipstick which does leave a tint behind.
– No shine, no shimmer. It’s matte. Period.
– It might accentuate the dry lips, since its matte. Applying lipbalm before the lipstick application will take care of the it.
– With one swipe it’s berry purple with a little bit of pink and with 2 swipes it leans towards deep purple.
– SA said it is dupe of MAC rebel. I do not own Rebel, so cannot comment on that.
– It’s highly pigmented. One swipe is enough to cover the pigmented lips.
– It does not have a colored bottom. SA and I had difficult time locating the entire Summer Darkened collection.
– Sturdy silver metal packaging, which shuts efficiently and is travel friendly.
– Comes with fancy outer cover. I am keeping the cover forever: D .
– My camera could not pick how purple the lipstick is. In reality the lipstick is more purple than pink. Do check it personally in the counter.
|1.What my camera thinks the colour is. 2. As a tint 3. The Actual colour|
Cost: 475 for 4.25 gms .
Recommendation: Go grab it if you love Berry purple pink shade. The drying issue can be taken care by lip balm.
Will I repurchase?
By the time I finish this, I might find another berry lipstick similar to this. I have an eye on another shade in this range; I might buy that as well.
I have ended up with so many similar shades in my stash that now I am on self lipstick ban . I try to buy the lipstick only when the lipstick is expiring. I know it’s difficult, but I felt I was not justifying the lippies. It was like buying the lipstick for the sake of it.
Do you love berry lipsticks? Any purple lipstick lover here? Do share 🙂
Live Life to the fullest